When you don't yet have the script for an adaptation but want to look at what you have to plan for.
Also used for planning what footage to use in documentaries.
1. Click on File (Menu Bar), click on New
2. Type the project name, click on Save
3. Click on Script Order
4. Click on Scene Tools, click on Add Scenes
5. Type in the number of scenes (up to 100 at a time)
6. Click on Scene Tools, click on Renumber Scenes
7. Type in the Scene Number, click on Auto number
8. Click on close (all the scenes are now numbered)
9. Click on Window (Menu Bar), click on Breakdown
10. Click on the green button to open the Breakdown Sheet to full size,
in the Navigator scroll to and click on scene 1
11. Click in Script locked box to unlock the Script Window (where you can type the source material references)